Monday, November 16, 2015

To go free, dress me in shadows....

There's a story in the local paper about these two high school girls who are setting up display at the local Historical Society, about kids and fashion in the 50s and 60s.  I scanned the article quickly when I read the paper in the morning.  And then I went about my business.

IN the afternoon, I got a call from mom.  She asked if I had the paper in front of me.  I said I could get it.  She said go to the second half, I asked if she was in it, she said no.  She said you see the article about the two girls?  I said I did.  She asked if I was looking at the photo, and I said I was.

"That's my prom gown." she said.


She said she wore that light green gown to her sophomore and junior proms.  And when she moved out of the house, she donated several of her old things to the Historical Society.  She said she also donated her wedding gown, that may be on display too.  

So even though Mom's not famous, he 50 year old former dresses are. 


POLT

No comments: