Monday, September 25, 2023

I would not sell my collection, for if I did I would cry (Part 93)...

 Today In The History Of Polt's Comic Book Collection

Today we travel back to September 1999, and Marvel's X-Men, Children Of The Atom Book 1. 


I did not buy this one off the shelf, as I wasn't collecting Marvel then (they had pissed me off with some of their decisions about characters and such), but I did go back and guy the mini later. 

This miniseries is a retelling of the origins of the X-Men.  It provides new background stories and information about the original X-Men starting with the original issue #1 (which incidentally first appeared 60 years ago in September 1963).  The background info was interesting, and Steven Rude made his art look very Jack Kirby-esque, who drew the original first issue.

POLT

No comments: