Monday, November 27, 2023

 SO, how was my Thanksgiving holiday weekend?  Why thanks for asking. Here we go. 

Wednesday, the county closed at 1pm.  My co-worker Rachel agreed to work the remaining 3 hours since she was already working Thanksgiving and the day after, both holidays. 

I left work and went to the tire place. I had made an appointment the day before the get two tires replaced.  And I did...and damn they were expensive!   After that I spent the night here at the house just relaxing and doing nothing.  

Thursday, I got up and watched all the Bob's Burgers Thanksgiving episodes while putzing around on the computer and drinking my coffee.   I did shower, but not shave, and then left for mom's, getting there about 11:30.  We ate at noonish. And, as always, it was delicious!   Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, gravy, sweet taters, corn and cherry pie for dessert.  She also had sour kraut and oysters, but only she and Howard ate those, as I don't like either of those.  Then, after cleaning the table, we sat around an chatted until about 2, when I got my leftovers and came home. 

Getting here I putzed around online a bit more, and then settled in to do my Christmas Cards while  watching the end of the Packers-Lions game and all of the Cowboys decimation of the Washington team (the Commanders is a stupid name and I try not to use it).    It took me 4 hours and 15 minutes but I got them all filled out, in the envelopes, address, stamped and return address stickers on.  After that, the last game was on, but I wasn't in any mood to watch the Niners dominated anyone, even the Seahawks.  So about halftime I think I turned it off, went to bed, read some and was on my phone before going to sleep. 

Friday, for some reason, I woke up early, like before 7 and couldn't get back to sleep.   So I got on my phone for a bit.  And then I made contact with a fuckbuddy and soon thereafter, he was here for some bedtimesexxyfun.   After he left, I putzed around the house not doing too much of anything really, until
Mom came in. Despite having a real bad knee and getting it replaced tomorrow, she came in and "helped" me decorate the Christmas tree.  It took about an hour to get everything I wanted done, and it was great to hang out with her and have her help, as always. 

Afterwards the Jets-Dolphins game came on mid-afternoon.  The first ever game on Black Friday.  Hopefully, it's a regular occurance.   After that I did pretty much what I did all day: nothing.  Did order some wings from Dominos and devoured them.   But that was really it.  

Saturday I got up and got to work.  It was a thankfully uneventful day, so I go caught up on a lot of paperwork I needed to.   Upon leaving work I just came home because Saturday was also my birthday,  ! turned 56.  I watched some crap on TV, and then started to actually watch Good Burger 2.  No seriously I did.  I had enjoyed All That back in the 90s (even though I was like 30 when I was watching Saturday Nights before going out to the gar bar), and so I wanted to check this out.  It was fine.  I don't even know that it was a 'good' movie.  But considering what it was, what it was based on, it was fine.  And I did literally laugh out loud a few times.

But I didn't watch it all the through in one setting, because I got a text from another fuckbuddy, and so he came over shortly and we had some bedtimesexxytfun!  However, after he left, I did finish it.  And then eventually I did go to bed.   

Oh also, can't believe I forgot!  Before Good Burger 2 I watched the first of the Doctor Who 60th Anniversary specials!  With Russell T Davies writing and David Tennent and the Doctor, and thank GOD they're both back.  This was THE best episode I have seen since they left the series back in...what, 2010?  2011?   I don't know but it's been a LONG time!  And then after this, my friend FDot and I spent about an hour and a half on the phone, talking about many things, including Doctor Who!

Sunday morning, I woke up about 530 with stomach cramps and had to use the toilet.  I blame it on my cleaning up the Thanksgiving leftovers Saturday night for supper.  But I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards.  So after laying in bed on my phone for awhile, I got up, dressed, and got groceries, then had breakfast, drank my coffee and read some.   Also, at the grocery store, I got myself a slice of that layered rainbow cake these sell there, for a late birthday cake thing.  Ate it after lunch and supper. 

For lunch I ordered a Big Boy Sub from Toledo's (YUM) and then settled in the watch some football.  I had run the dishwasher Saturday night, this Sunday then was laundry day.  And I did a load of clothes.  While watching football tho, I was contacted by yet ANOTHER fuckbuddy, who later came over for some bedtimesexxyfun.  Afterwards, I just watched football, paid some bills, got some cards ready to mail and did little else.

Monday morning, for whatever reason I got up at 630 (i am NOT a morning person and I hate that I do this on my days off).   I got my coffee from Rutters and when I had finished, I went to the Post Office, to Advance Auto for some new wiper blades. And even though he wasn't the one to help me, that amazingly HOT guy with the big bubble butt was still working there.  Damn, his ass is SO FINE.

Anyhow, after this I went to Wal-Mart for a few things, stopped at AC&T for a sub for supper, came home and started a load of sheets in the laundry.    For lunch I made pasta, and spent the afternoon watching TV or on my phone or laptop.  

Also, I called mom with some phone numbers to give to Howard.   She's having her knee replaced tomorrow morning, and will spend a night in the hospital, but Howard will stay there.  If everything goes well, I'll just swing by after work.  But I wanted Howard to have some work numbers in case there's complication or whatever (God forbid), and he can call me. 

Also, yesterday mom made some chocolate chips cookies, but she forgot to put something in them and they look like, according to her, "pancakes".  There's too many for her and Howard to eat alone, so on their travels today, they brought a bag into me.  And they taste fine, even if they don't look like her cookies usually look. 

So for supper I had half of the sub, and now I on the laptop waiting for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer to come on at 8pm.  Then I might go to bed a bit early, cause I am feeling tired, and it's work again tomorrow.

And that, friends, is how the Thanksgiving Holiday went.  

This week looks to be busy as I work all week, Thursday and Friday I have to go in early as Rachel's taking off, after work Tuesday I'm going by the hospital to see Mom, Wednesday after work I'm to see yet, yet ANOTHER fuckbuddy for some fun, and Thursday after work I have a Cut N Color.   Whew. 

 And some pics from the weekend: 










POLT

No comments: