Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 286)...

Chapter 10, Page 12....

Monday...whew, what a day.

I had the electrician coming in the morning to replace the light part of the ceiling fan in my bedroom.  And at 1:00, I had an appointment to get the tires on the car looked at and an alignment done.  And of COURSE, things were never easy.

At 11:30, the electrician wasn't here yet.  So I called mom and asked her to come in at 12;30 and sit here so I could take the car out.  And she did.  And I did as well.

When I got the car there and the guy looked at the tires and said right away one tire needed replaced because there was almost no tread left, which I saw as well...when he showed it to me.  And he said another one was in need of replacing as well.  So I said we could replace those as well.

And FINALLY at 2:45, they were done with everything.  But while I was there, I got a call from mom: she was out at Lowe's because the replacement kit I had gotten didn't fit.  So she was going to get another kit that DID fit, or just get a new fan/light altogether.  I said fine.

Then, later, she called again.  She asked me where the receipt was for the kit that didn't fit.  She had already bought a new one, and the electrician already had it installed and he'd left.  So she was going to return the other kit.  And I said that's fine.

And then even LATER, she called to tell me she was at Lowe's and wanted to know if I wanted her to come pick me up and take me to Wal-Mart with her.  I told her no, it was 230 and it shouldn't be too much longer...I hoped.

And then, like I said, at 245, they were done.  And after two hundred and some dollars, I was done.  And came home.  I wondered if she was coming back to my place or if she as going home.  But when I got home, I saw by her chair, an opened can of soda, half a ham sandwich, and come chips.  And a ball of her yarn and knitting needles were on the floor in front of the chair.  So I figured she'd have to come back.

And so she did.  And we talked a bit and then after she left, I paid the electrician's bill and then decided to walk to the Post Office.  I actually walked farther than the Post Office, over two miles total.  And on the way back, I stopped at Waynesburger to get some supper, which I brought home and ate.  And then I watched some of the Monday Night Football game, before going to bed, reading enough to finish up the current book (I read most of it at the tire place waiting).  And then I went to sleep....finally.

POLT

No comments: