Sunday, October 25, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 298)...

Chapter 10, Page 24...

Saturday, I got to work and got most of the necessary, weekly things, completed before lunch.  The afternoon was pretty much a bust.  I did a few things, but spent more time doing nothing really important.

(Oh, and I forgot to mention yesterday, Friday morning first thing at work, I got my flu shot.  No pain, no fly symptoms.  That's good.)

After work, I went to Kris's place.  He had gotten a group of six of us that all want to play some D&D.  So we were meeting at his place to get together, figure out what we want to play, maybe just start on things.

When I got there, Kris and his roommate were there.  His roommate, though, had to leave to get to work at 5:00.  So that left 5 of us to get together.  And then he got a text from one of the others, saying two of them, who are in a band together, had their rehearsal day changed from Sunday to Saturday and they wouldn't be able to make it.  Well, since there was only going to be three of us there, we decided just to postpone it to another time.

To save his roommate having to pay for a cab, I offered to drive him to work.  And after doing so, Kris and I decided to get something to eat, so we went and had Mexican.  Yummy!  He was going to work at 900, and he wanted to get a little sleep beforehand, so I just dropped him off at his place.

I then came home.  I hung out here, on the computer, reading some, watching TV.  After watching Doctor Who, I turned everything off and went to bed.

I have been reading my current book since the 13th.  It is an interesting book, but a bit too detailed.  It's about Victorian London, and while it's interesting to know the dimensions of the various types of cabs they had in service then, I really don't need quite as much detail as was in the book.  It was almost like a textbook.  After 11 days and only getting about a third of the way through, and not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel, I just gave up on it and chose another book to start.  And that's what I read in bed before turning off the light and going to sleep.

POLT

No comments: