Friday, October 30, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 302 & 303)...

Chapter 10, Page 28...

Wednesday, at work, we had a meeting at noon and I had to get a bunch of info together beforehand, which I spent the morning doing.  Then, in the afternoon, I did the followup paperwork to the meeting.  Not a big deal, just somewhat time consuming.  But it all got completed.

After work, I drove out to moms.  She had called me over the weekend to say she had $20 dollars left she had to spend in the dining hall (she gets an allotment each month to use there), and she wanted me to come out and we'd go there and eat.  And that's what we did Wednesday.

We both had the lasagna and broccoli.  And man, it was good.  Just like most of the food is out there.  After this, I dropped her off, and then came home.  I was on the computer, and watching some things  on TV but was tired for some reason, and went upstairs a little bit before 9:00.  I read some up there and then turned out the light and went to sleep.

Chapter 10, Page 29...

I didn't sleep well though.  Woke up a few times, had some trouble getting back to sleep.  But I still managed to get up and get to work more or less on time.  There were a few things I needed to get done and I succeeded in getting them done.  All in all, not an overly eventful day, but a somewhat productive one.

After work, i came home, got on the computer then laid on the couch to read a bit.  And I was so tired I drifted off into a nap.  I woke up 45 minutes feeling much better.  And soon after that, I headed out to my dinnerdate.

My friend Michelle was meeting me at Runways.  We were there for about an hour and a half.  WE had great food, she had great drinks, and we had wonderful conversation!  We just spent time catching up, since we really hadn't talked since sometime in August.

One of the best things, though, was that I told her I found a hotel room in Toronto for $504 dollars.  She asked if that was per night, I said nope.  She asked if that was what we'd each have to pay.  I told her nope.  That was the entire amount!  So we decided right then and there, if we can get a room in Toronto for 5 days and 4 nights for about $252 each, we're gonna take it!  I'll be making the reservations sometime over the weekend, and then, in April, I'll be going north of the border again!  For the first time in 7 freakin years!!!!

We had so much fun the last time we went (Back in the Spring of 2009), we're both looking forward to going back!

Anyway, after the meal, I came home, watched a bit of the football game while putzing around online.  And then about 10:00 I went upstairs, read some and then turned out the light and went to sleep.

POLT

No comments: