Saturday, October 31, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 304)...

Chapter 10, Page 30...

Friday I made it to work and got to work with little problems.    I got the work done that needed to be done, but put some of it aside to do later, another day.  At 2:00, as planned, I left and came home.

I got home and got on the computer for only a short time before I had to leave.  I walked across the street to the dentist's office for my appointment.  The abscess in my tooth has been gone for several weeks, there's been no drainage or pain or anything.  But, I still had the hole in the top of the crown on my tooth that was used for drainage.  So my appointment was to get that hole filled.

I wasn't there for a very long time.  He numbed my jaw, then set to work on it.  After it was over, he said he didn't expect to be like a volcano.  As he was working on it,  he said, blood just kept coming up out of it.  But it's okay, cause he got it cleaned out and as it was NOT pus, it was okay.  When they got done with it, I went to the desk and asked how much I owed them.  She had to go ask the dentist, and when she came back, she said "nothing."  Which surprised me, because since this whole abscess started back in the middle of August, he has never charged me anything.  I did have to pay for the prescriptions for antibiotics and pain killers, but that wasn't anything paid TO him.  And granted he's not spent a LOT of time dealing with this: just looking at it a few times, drilling the hole and doing the initial draining of the abscess, and then filling it now.  But still, it was a very pleasant surprise to not be charged anything.

Afterwards, I came back home and hung out here watching some Netflix and putzing on the computer.  After a bit, I thought it was time to get some supper, and I looked at the clock and it was like ten minutes to five!  That's it!  Since I had left work two hours early, I was kinda off by two hours all day: thought 445 was 645, was tired and ready for bed at 800 instead of 1000, etc.

I did actually go up to bed about 830, but I laid there and read until like 1000ish or so, before turning out the light and trying to go to sleep.  Had a little bit of trouble getting to sleep, but evenutally did so.

POLT

No comments: