Saturday, October 24, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 297)...

Chapter 10, Page 23...

Friday I got to work without issue and had a work day without issue.  It all went as well as most Fridays do.  After work, I came home and was on the computer a bit.  Then I knew I needed to get gas, and I knew I had points on my card at the local grocery store, so that's where I went to get the gas and use the points.

While there, I went into the grocery store to get a few things.  I saw they had shrimp on sale, so I got a pound of that, steamed with Old Bay.  Yummy!  I brought that home and ate it for supper, and then had a cookie.  I watched the last of the Bob's Burgers episodes from Season 4, the last Netflix has.  Totally a great series.

While I was on the computer and watching a Star Trek Voyager episode on Netflix, I ate some cashews.  And that, with some diet Snapple is all I had all evening to eat.  My internet connection was a bit wonky, everything was running slow, including the Voyager episode. I eventually just gave up on it, but it was at the end of it anyway, and went up to bed.

It was about 830 or so.  I laid in bed, read some, tried to do more stuff on my phone, but the connection was still slow.  So eventually I just gave up on it, turned out the light and went to sleep.

About 1140, I had to pee, so I got up and used the bathroom, but while I was doing, I felt very lightheaded, and not quite right.  I went back to bed, and still felt that way even after laying down.  I thought back and realized I didn't have a lot of carbs in the evening, and I did take my pills and give myself the insulin shot, though.  So maybe my disorientation was the result of low blood sugar.

I made my way downstairs, very carefully and cautiously, and got some ring bologna, cheese, doritos, Diet Coke, another cookie and some yogurt and, even though it was almost midnight, I ate them while I scanned through a book.  After finishing them, I felt much better and more normal.  This is something, I suppose, I'll have to be on the lookout for now.  I should have taken my blood sugar before I ate any of htat stuff just to see where it was, but didn't.

Back in bed, I had trouble falling asleep. It was after 100am before I finally drifted off.

POLT

No comments: