Saturday, October 31, 2015

Thirty years ago, I had once of my most memorable encounters with mom.  It wasn't funny at the time, but as I think about it now, I DO laugh.  Anyway, I have already posted about it, but did so ten years ago.  So, instead of re-writing everything, I'll just put the links to the two posts below.  but really, seriously, you should read this!




Also, here's an addendum to both those posts, but make SURE you read both of them before reading this.

So Monday I went back to high school.  In 5th period, which is like 11:00AM, or so, I was in typing class.  In the middle of doing some typing exercise, the teacher, Mrs. Morris, called me up to her desk.  She said, rather quickly, "Polt, what's this I hear about you being drunk over the weekend?"

Up until this point, I had been rather a goody-goody, and had a reputation as such.  When she asked me this, I simply said, "Me?  Mrs. Morris, does that sound like something I'd do?"  She got a satisfied look on her face and said, "I thought so.  I'll tell them it's not true"  And she went back to what she was doing and I returned to my desk and the typing.

Yeah, it's funny she didn't believe it, but what really shocked me is that less than 48 hours after I was drunk, with only half a day of school having passed, SOMEHOW the teacher had heard about my drinking exploits!  Who knew the grapevine was THAT thorough?

POLT

No comments: