Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bits-N-Pieces
Red Light Kisses are when a car stops at a red light and before it turns green, the occupants of the car kiss. I'm pretty sure Kris and I did not invent Red Light Kisses, but I doubt anyone's ever enjoyed them more than we do.
*******************************************
My throat's a bit scratchy today. Could be the cold. Could be something I caught from Kris (his tonsils were inflamed over the weekend). I hope it's nothing. Although, if I get a sore throat, that'd probably be the reason I'm looking for to postpone the dentist appointment next Monday when I'm due to get the tooth ripped outta my head.
*******************************************
Speaking of that, I am SOOOO stressed about it. Yeah, the pain afterwards is a big part of it, no gonna lie. But I've got percocets left over from when the dentist prescribed them for the pain last month. My biggest concern is as follows: there's only perhaps 20% of the tooth left hanging there. The rest of it has, since February, chipped apart in pieces, perhaps 5 or 6 times. And it makes me think, and/or fear, that when the dentist grips onto the remainder of the tooth and starts pulling, that remaining 20% will just break right off...leaving the roots still in my jaw. And then, I assume, we'll have to digging around up in my jaw to get the roots out. And I'm shuddering just thinking about it.
*******************************************
So, it's Week 6 of the NFL. In my triumvirate of wants, Dallas lost (again) which sucks (again). Washington is currently losing to Indianapolis, which is good, except it's not over yet, and Indy only leads by 10 points. But the best part of the weekend was, the NYGiants won, and they are the team I picked this week in the winner's pool at work. So I'm still in the running for $500. And out of the 50 people that started playing, there are only 9 of us left, before this week began. If I can win $500, I can afford to have Dallas lose games.
*******************************************
So what did I do today besides watch football? I'm glad you asked. I did two loads of laundry, changed the bedsheets, took the remaining two air conditioners out, cleaned the bathroom (including the tub and moping the floor), and taking the screens out of the doors and putting in the storm windows. Yeah, I'm not sure what got into me either.
*******************************************
And finally, a photo to end the post:


Not only does this look incredibly fun, but it's sexy as hell!

POLT

3 comments:

Tam said...

Ack. What a bundle of energy you were. I did some laundry and made a big pot of chile but that's about it.

Mojo on the tooth removal. That does sound like an awful scenario but hopefully it will be easy peasy.

Michelle M. said...

I hope they give you some great drugs. It'll be good to get that pesky tooth taken care of and off your mind.

Good for you on the housework. I accomplished absolutely nothing today. Oh - and first glance I thought that said you were "moping on the floor".

Polt said...

Nah, Michelle M., 'moping on the floor' is what I was doing last week before finding out Kris wasn't moving. :)

HUGS...