Friday, October 08, 2010

I smell home cooking it's only the river...

On the way home from work today, I was trying to come up with what I'd have for supper. Wanted more than a cold sandwich or sub, but didn't feel like to fast food. And then it hit me: I can cook my own supper! (or at least burn the house down trying)

I stopped at the grocery store and got a piece of steak, some fries and a can of corn for supper, along with a few other essentials (re: Pepsi). I brought it home, cooked it, and dined on it, feeling pretty damn proud of myself (cause I really don't EVER cook for myself).

To prove that I was actually using the oven, here's a photo: steak on the left, corn on the right, fries in the over itself.


And here is the final product, ready to eat and delicious as all get out:


(I didn't eat the book, though the fiber may have done me some good. I just read it while eating.)

I'd do this more often, but frankly, it's just easier to walk down the street to Rutters and get a sub. And quicker too.

POLT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you really want to rock a steak:

Combine 1/4 cup salt with about 1/2 cup brown sugar and some crushed garlic cloves in a ziploc type bag.

Fill about 1/3 the way with water and drop the steak in.

Fill rest with water, seal and mix.

Put in fridge for an hour or two, then drain and pat steak dry.

Preheat oven to 450F.

Get pan on stove piping hot and sear steak on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes.

Then into hot over for 10 minutes, turning once.

It'll be the best steak you ever had.

Anonymous said...

Dude! Next time put that oven on broil and broil the steak on a broil pan. It will taste soooo much better.

Tam said...

Yay you. And Mush wonders why I eat so much toast. It's a pain in the ass to cook for one person. I cook every other night of the week because I feel my kid should have a proper meal but it is a lot of work and just for me I can't be bothered. Hence my high consumption of toast on Friday nights. LOL Looks good though.