Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Updates:

#1. At the protests, only 8 "Church" members showed up, unfortunately, two of them were children. And there were about 175 counter-protestors. Everything was peaceful, no arrests. The whole thing lasted about a half hour.

#2. The sent grandma home tonight from the hospital. Unfortunately, since her operation was on her colon, she had some issues, messing herself as they were getting her up the stairs. So after they cleaned her up, mom went to get some Depends and some pain med prescriptions filled, and then she's going to get some of her jammies and spend the night at grandma's just to make sure everything's okay.

#3. On the Kris front, things are going well. I just had to readjust a few things in my head dealing with expectations and such and everything is fine. We had a miscommunication, I thought we were getting together tonight, apparently, we're getting together tomorrow night. Oh well, just one more night sleeping alone.

#4. Glee this week...meh. The music still seemed forced (I hate the "Okay, kids this week's theme is _______. Now, who's got a song about it?" and the "Mr. Shue, I have something I need to say, but I'm going to sing it, and just coincidentally, it matches your theme for the week), but it was still an emotional episode. Well done in that respect. I just want it to be more like a musical, wherein something's happening and someone breaks out into a song that relates to what's happening. But in the end, I'm still watching, so it clearly hasn't upset me THAT much.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

#1 - Idjits, those kids should be put in foster care.

#2 - Glad your Grandma is home and hope things settle down with her system soon and she makes a full recovery.

#3 - I've had to do the same thing, only with regard to work, readjust my thinking. At least in your case you're getting and orgasm out of it, I'm only getting screwed.

#4 - I was terrified last night that Kurt would "find religion" when he went to church with Mercedes. Whew. I wanted to rebut her statement she made in church but I didn't think she'd hear me through the TV. LOL But yeah, at least there was was plot movement with Kurt's Dad instead of just random songs. I also love when Sue is with her sister. I did enjoy it more than last week even if Britany didn't get to show off her wicked moves. And really, "Thank Cheesus" is going to be the new catch phrase.

Michelle M. said...

So glad to hear that your grandmother is doing better. And that you and Kris are doing well, too.

I enjoyed Glee. I'm glad they showed different beliefs/non-beliefs and didn't end it with Kurt "finding God.". I don't know if it's because I'm not an REM fan, but Finn sounded horrible. Kurt's hat was fab and the grilled Chesus was great. I may have teared up once or twice...