Monday, April 04, 2011

BITS-N-PIECES

Having the camera with us, Kris and I snapped several photos during our time together this weekend. I forgot to put these in the previous post about my weekend, so I'll put them here.

Kris and I in bed Sunday morning.



Kisses, backlit by sunlight through the window.

*******************************************************
My review of "Sucker Punch"?  Sheer awesomeness itself.



I'm not actually sure what the movie was actually about, so don't ask me to explain the plot to you.  It seems like its a story within a story within a story.  Which is a bit disconcerting.  But the 'look' of the film is jaw-droppingly amazing.  The action sequences are, while totally unrealistic and implausible, tight and exciting.  And the music is incredible.  It's appropriate for the movie, but just rocks in and of itself (so much so that last night, I downloaded the soundtrack from iTunes and have listened to it almost constantly since).

A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking, who say it the previous weekend, thought it possibly the worst movie he's ever seen.  But I saw "Due Date" with him, so I know that's not the case.  And really who cares what he thinks anyway?

How can a movie with ninjas, samauri swords, really big honkin' machine guns, huge dirigibles, zombie German soldiers, fire breathing dragons, speeding trains, androids, robots...FLYING robots at that, the ever sexy Oscar Isaac, the actress who played the original Silk Spectre in The Watchmen, and, even though it doesn't mean much to me, continually skantily clad young woman in it, be that bad?????  He must have seen a different movie than Kris and I.

This one is definitely on the 'to buy' list as soon as it comes out.
********************************************************
Finally got my tax returns filed last week.  Looks like i'll be getting about $2000 direct deposited into my account this Friday.  Gotta pay for three more replacement windows this year.  Also, might wanna use it to pay down some of the credit card.  Went to Liberty this year instead of Jackson Hewitt.  Bonnie was totally on top of things and she's the only one I'm gonna go to from now on.  And included in the fee for doing the Federal taxes, she also filed my state for me.  I still have to pay the local taxes, but whatever.  And I found out starting this year, the local taxes have to be paid 4 times a year.  Great.  Something else for me to remember!
********************************************************
Work frankly sucks lately.  Sucks not like when Bossy Know-It-All Coworker was there, but sucks nonetheless.  And I'll go into no more than that, cause who knows who may be reading this.  But I'm totally apatethic about being there.  I mean, I bitch about it a lot, but previously, I looked forward to work and the work I did there.  Now, eh, not so much.  But that's probably because my actual work duties have changed and it's all kinda up in the air exactly what I will be doing from now on.  It's the uncertainty, I suppose, that's making me feel this way.  Ah, whatever, I'm there 8 hours a day, I collect my paycheck every other week, I can deal with it. 
********************************************************
Last night, I watched a Netflix DVD, Heights, and it totaly blew me away.  There's no gun fights, no car chases, no explosions, just a movie about relationships.  It captivated me almost from the beginning.  These were, to me, real people, and I totally got sucked into their world and the issues they were involved in.  I actually got a tiny smidge verclemped at the very end.  And the kiss between James Marsden and Jesse Bradford is great, but not the reason I recommend it.  It's a true human drama.  If you've not seen it, you really should.
********************************************************
And of course, what would Bits-N-Pieces be without random eye candy?


POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

You guys are so cute. Sorry work is sucking, I swear that kind of wishy washy unclarity is more soul-sucking than having a PITA coworker.

Michelle M. said...

You two are a very cute couple : ). I'll have to put both those movies on my queue.