Monday, April 18, 2011

Bodies in the street auto mowdown...

Poor Sebastian.

Last Thursday, I got gas, and I apparently forgot to close the flap.  This I didn't know until Friday at work when a coworker told me another coworker had told him my gas cap was hanging outside the flap.  I went out to the car and sure enough, the flap was nearly closed, but the cap was dangling outside, held there by the cord that attaches it to the car.  I dont know how long it was that way.  Since you have to open the flap from inside the car, I have to assume I just never closed it.  And I hope the gas cap thing was done while I was at work.  There are several people there who fancy themselves practical jokers, so it's entirely possible. I was worried someone might have put something IN the tank, but nah, it's run perfectl fine.

Then, when I got home Saturday, I noticed I had lost the back rear hubcap.  This was the SAME tire that lost its hubcap in March of last year.  Apparently, I'm rougher on that tire than the other three, I dont know.

But Sebastian himself is chugging along just fine, getting me to work and back in torrential rains (like last Saturday), snow, and summer heat.  And he's costing me a LOT less in gas than Miss Cleo did.

I just gotta make sure I close everything up after filling him up with gas.

POLT

3 comments:

Tam said...

As long as you remember to take the nozzle out before you drive away. :-) I've done the gas cap thing, just left it dangling away. Not this car but my old one. Some guy on a motorcycle pulled up and told me. Ooops.

Polt said...

Ah you Canadians, so polite and helpful, even when in traffic.

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

"Last Thursday, I got gas, and I apparently forgot to close the flap. "

It took me a moment to figure out that we were talking about your car here. :-D 44/7