Thursday, May 17, 2012

Call me in three months time and I'll be fine (Part 8)...

Thursday Three

Let's see what made my week a little more livable.

1) Magellan GPS



I borrowed mom's Magellan GPS for the trip to Richmond, and it was a damn good thing I did.  Madge (as I like to call her, since I talk back to her frequently), got through the streets of Richmond alone at more than one point.  Without Madge being there, I'd have to have relied on Kris's directions and, God bless his soul, I don't think he has a sense of direction at all, so that woulda been a disaster.  Yay Madge!

2) Mother's Day



I don't like manufactured holidays like Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Valentine's Day.  But I DO love telling Mom I love her, and showing her so.  I never celebrate Mother's Day ON Mother's Day, but always a few days before or after.  I sent her a serious Mother's Day card she got on Friday, and a card from a kid that she got on Saturday (and laughed about).  And then on the way home, I bought a bouquet of flowers for her.  She wasn't home when I got there, so I put them in a vase in the kitchen along with a Happy Mother's Day note.  So this year, mom got to celebrate Mother's Day three separate days that were NOT officially Mother's Day!

3) "Somebody I Used To Know"


I know I just posted this video yesterday, but it's my new favorite song.  And honestly, Kris and I heard it EVERYWHERE we went.  When I think of my Richmond trip to see Kris, this song is always playing in the back of mind like a soundtrack.

What made your week easier to survive?

POLT

1 comment:

truthspew said...

I've got an older TomTom and it's pretty good but useless now. My phone has pretty good GPS on it.