Monday, May 21, 2012

Close, across the miles, it's funny to me...

“Ted Cruz is a true conservative you can trust to stand on principle and change the way Washington does business… Today, through May 25, please vote early for Ted Cruz for U.S. Senate.”


Over the weekend, Sarah Palin, in an effort, I assume, to remain relevant, made the above quote in a robocall to Republican voters in Topeka Kansas.


What she actually did, however, was prove, yet again, just what an idiot she is.  You see, Ted Cruz is running for the US Senate in Texas, not Kansas.  But in her defense, she was close, only a few states off.  And she DID get not only his name correct, but also the office he was seeking.  So there IS that.  


And for her, coming this close to being accurate is practically a home run.  So, well, good for her, I guess.




POLT

3 comments:

Tam said...

Do you think her handlers do this on purpose and then snicker after at how stupid it makes her look? Because if I was here, some heads would be rolling over that screw-up. Not that I don't think she's dumb as a stick, but I thought she had people to make sure these things don't happen, and yet they seem to be almost encouraging it. I imagine the giggles as they hear the stupid things coming out of her mouth they probably thought she'd NEVER believe were true.

vuboq said...

Although I am no fan of Sarah, after reading "Game Change" I am a little more sympathetic towards her.

My guess is that some other Republican is to blame for the robocall in the wrong state. She recorded; someone else f**ked up and played it in the wrong place.

Polt said...

I agree. She didn't have anything to do with where it was played. But come on, really, could it have happened to a better person? :) And yes Tam, heads should roll.

VUBOQ, I read Game Change too. What I remember from it is that she ignored the advise of her handlers and was insistent on doing it her own 'maverick'y kinda way.

But whatever, one can't deny the ironic humor of her being the one this happened to. :)

HUGS....