Monday, May 21, 2012

His form and face, his manly grace...

Yesterday, after eating lunch, Mom and I went to Lowe's to get the flowers for my front garden.  We also got some for the two pots I put on the porch.  We got the pots filled yesterday, but the plan was to plant the petunias out front today.  They we were to take my car to the carwash in Hagerstown and get it cleaned and then eat over there.

So, of course, this morning when I woke up, it was raining.  And had been for quite some time, apparently.  I called mom and we laughed about it, but called off all our plans.  I laid in bed and read for a bit.  After about an hour, mom called back and said it had stopped raining and her sidewalk was dried up, so maybe we could plant the flowers anyway.  I agreed, and she said she'd be right down.  So just throwing some clothes on, putting on a cap, and gargling, I made my way downstairs, no shower needed.

I trimmed the tree out front (and did a horrible job of it, as well.  Damn good thing I'm not a barber), and we got a good portion of the petunias planted.  But it turns out I had more flowers than room.  And in the middle of doing so, it started raining again, albeit lightly.  Still we finished.  And then we decided to go to Lowe's to get another pot to put the remaining flowers in.  At Lowe's mom got a few things she needed but I couldn't find a planter that I wanted.  So off we went to Wal-Mart.  There I DID find a planter, as well as four little lights to put in the front garden as well. ( I want to put something relatively cheap out there to see how long it lasts out there.  I live along a busy street and my thought is, anything I put there will be subject to being broken/stolen.  So these cheap lights are a trial.  If I have no issues with them, next year I may find something a bit more expensive and nifty to put out there)

Despite the rain, I did get the lights out into the garden myself.  We'll plant the flowers in the new planter sometime soon.  But I did all this in the rain, without a shower and with no breakfast.  I NEVER leave the house without cleaning up first, usually.  But today, I did.  And played around in dirt and shopped at Lowe's and all.  I felt all butch and manly.

An unusual, but not altogether unpleasant, feeling, I tell you.

POLT

2 comments:

truthspew said...

I cannot leave the house without hitting the shower. My hair is kind of wavy/curly and if I don't slap some gel in there, well, it's all over. And I hate wearing a cap.

But playing in the dirt is always fun.

Michelle M. said...

Are they purple petunias? Post a picture! I need to plant something in the front yard by the roses. They're kinda scraggly and maybe something else will fill in the spaces. Maybe I'll do petunias...