Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Yesterday, I got up about 1030 but didn't get out of bed until about 1130.  Mom had talked to me about coming down and helping with my twice-a-year change to the bedroom: Springtime, flipping the king sized mattress, cleaning underneath the bed, and putting the a/c in the window, and in Autumn, flipping the king sized mattress, cleaning underneath the bed, and taking the a/c out of the window.

She had already eaten lunch, and I was in a rush, so I went to Rutters and got three hot dogs and a bag of chips.  I only ate one hot dog with a bun, the other two just the dogs, and the whole (small) bag of chips.  Way too many carbs in that meal, but I think the sudden, unexpected infusion of carbs is what gave the me the equally unexpected blast of energy I had all day.

Mom and I quickly took care of the bed and the cleaning.  We got the a/c into the window, but the boards we have to support it weren't placed right.  So I, me, Mr. I'm-Deathly-Afraid-Of-Heights, crawled out the window onto the roof to position them properly.  Mom was surprised by my doing that too, but the porch roof is large and basically flat, so it wasn't a problem.  But to prove I was there, I had mom take a photo of me through the window, see:


Then, after getting this done, I got measurements and off she and I went to Chambesrburg.  The plan was to hit Ollies, Lowe's, and Wal-Mart looking for rugs, hallway runners, a doormat and other things I wanted.  We actually found them ALL at Ollies!  And then I got some grocery items at Wal-mart.  But both mom and I were surprised as well because usually I hate shopping and yesterday, I was all about it, actually enjoying it.  Craziness.

But after I got home and got the stuff put away, I started a load of laundry and then promptly crashed.  I lost the adrenaline/carb rush and damn near feel asleep into a nap.  But it was a pleasant change to be all energetic about stuff I normally am apathetic about or don't like.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

You're such a good son! Mama Polt is one lucky lady : ).