Sunday, March 31, 2013

But it's not for me, my love...

When mom got home from church today, she noticed there was one of those plastic Easter Eggs sitting on the sill of her front door.  She says she immediately thought I was doing something.  So she got it and opened it and inside was a piece of paper that read "Go to Matt's kitchen."

She thought, "Who's Matt?"  She looked around the porch, but there was no other eggs there.  She checked the houses on either side of her to see if there were eggs there, and there wasn't.  So she shrugged and went inside.  She hung her coat up, used the bathroom, and then went into the Living Room to read the paper.  Before she sat down she noticed this teenaged girl wandering around on her patio.  She opened the door and said, "Can I help you?"

Then this lady came around the corner of the house.  It was the daughter-in-lay of mom's neighbor Mary-Lou.  And the teenager was Mary-Lou's granddaughter.  Her mother said that she had put the egg there.  For the last few years, the mother had hidden clues inside eggs and hid them around wherever they happened to be at Easter.  

So mother told mom the granddaughter what her clue had read, and she took off around the house, running up the street.  Her mother waved and went after her.  And mom just laughed.

Mom said, "So I found an Easter egg when I wasn't ever hunting for one.  But the one I found wasn't even for me. Typical." 

The craziest stuff always happens to her.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Hmm... maybe next year you should surprise Mama Polt with an egg hunt!