Sunday, March 03, 2013

Still at it, till death us do part (Part 35)...

Dead Or Alive!

Jean Stapleton


Miss Stapleton was born in 1923.  She is best known for her role as Edith "Dingbat" Bunker on All In The Family.  She won three Emmys and two Golden Globes for the role.  She was on the show from 1971 through 1980.

On a more personal level, her husband owned The Total Pole Playhouse, a summer stock theater just a half hour from my home, which I have frequently visited.  And back in the 80's, I got to see her live on that stage in a play who's name currently escapes me.

But tell me, Jean Stapleton, is she....Dead Or Alive?

POLT



6 comments:

Ryan said...

Everything is dead.

Tam said...

Sadly I believe she's passed, and if not, you've likely doomed her via this post.

Anonymous said...

Alive though that would make her 90 year old.

john said...

She's alive Archie!

Amie said...

Alive. I have a signed photo of her from the time she was at the Playhouse. She did spell my name wrong though.

Michelle M. said...

I'm pretty sure she's dead. Or maybe I'm thinking of Maureen Stapleton...
I'm going with dead.