Thursday, March 07, 2013

Save yourself, save yourself, the secret is out...

So as you may have heard Mama Polt's 70th birthday is St. Patrick's Day.  I sent a Facebook message out to most people I know asking them to send her a card, if they could.  I also started secretly planning a surprise cake & ice cream party for her on the 17th.  I'm only going to have immediate family there (her mothers, siblings, nieces, nephews, etc).  It still comes out to 16 people.  And I'm hoping to actually surprise her, but there are some people in the family who just let it accidently slip.

At any rate, she called me today at work and said, "The cat's out of the bag."  And I was all like, "huh, what?"  And she says, "The cat's out of the bag!"  And again, I said, "Huh, what cat?"  Thinking to myself, "Shit, someone let it slip ALREADY!"

And then she says, "I got a card today from Mikey and Ty in New York!"

And I heaved a sigh of relief.  And then she said, "Ten years ago, or whenever it was, I got 40 emails from people I didn't even know.  I guess it's going to be cards this year, right?"

And, laughing I said, "Well, yeah, it is.  You'll be getting a LOT of cards for the next ten days!"  And she laughed.

So now, thanks for Mikey and Ty, and thinks THAT'S the surprise I'm throwing for her birthday. And not the party.  Oh, this is working out better than I planned!

POLT

No comments: