Tuesday, October 01, 2013

2013, Week 4...

Week 4 was....well, to put is simply, HORRID!


Dallas lost, boo.
Washington won, boo.
The bets with ALCMDPP, I only got 1 out 3 correct, so now I owe him $1.00 again.
But worse of all, in the Winners Pool at work...I'm out.  And in the stupidest way possible.

last week, I had decided to take San Francisco as my team, so Thursday night rolls around, the 49ers beat the Rams, and I'm all content, waiting for the next week.  Then, Saturday evening I get a call from the guy at work running the Winner's Pool.  he said he hasn't got a pick from me yet.  I tell him I chose the 49ers, and he asked if I sent him an email with that in it.  And it occurs to me.....that I didn't.  Dammit.  So I had to pick ANOTHER one.  I chose the Bengals.

And I SHOULD have known better.  See I've been participating in the Winner's Pools (and later in the season, the Loser's Pools as well) for over ten years.  And at LEAST three times, possibly four, the Bengals have been responsible for kicking me out of the Pools.

And they did it again.  Dammit.  It cost me $10 bucks to enter, and now I'm out a chance at almost $300.  Dammit.

So, yeah, NOTHING good happened in week four (well the Giants lost again, falling to 0-4.  And the Pittsburgh Squealers did so as well, and both of those things are very nice).  And yeah, with the Broncos coming to Dallas in week five...well it doesn't look terribly good this coming week either.

POLT

No comments: