Saturday, October 12, 2013

Here's my conundrum, I need help to be on my way....

Tomorrow night, I have a conundrum.

Firstly, the Walking Dead season premieres.  This is not the conundrum.  Secondly, the Sunday Night Football game is the Washington Redskins vs the Dallas Cowboys.



Just so we're all clear on this, whenever the Cowboys are playing on TV, I watch them and ignore all distractions.  I accept no phone calls, just let it ring.  Unless of course, it's mom.  Gotta see what she needs, gotta make sure she's not lying at the bottom of the stairs calling for help.  Or whatever.

But whenever Dallas and Washington play (and those games are always, ALWAYS televised), I don't allow ANY interruptions.  If mom's laying at the bottom of the stairs, she can wait until halftime or the end of the quarter.

So these two things present me a conundrum.

But that is NOT all.  Oh no.  A few weeks ago, I met a guy (yeah, surprise, surprise).  He's a great guy, we've gotten together a few times, gone out for a meal once, and Sunday night, he's coming over and spending the night.

Conundrum, oh conundrum.

Colin (that's his name Colin) likes football too, and so conceivably we COULD watch the game.  And he's an Eagles fan and hates the Cowboys, so even though we'd be rooting for opposite teams, we could at least watch it.  But frankly I'm not sure I really WANT to be watching the game while he's here.

And that's kinda freaky, not wanting to watch a Cowboys/Redskins game.  I can not, honestly, remember the last time I did not see one of those games (and they play each other twice a year).  I think it was back when I delivering pizza for Dominos, roundabout 1990.

And all of this totally fails to factor in the premiere The Walking Dead....

Conundrums, conundrums.....

POLT

1 comment:

Amie said...

I know this is a bit late but....get a DVR already!!!!