Saturday, August 01, 2026

Check this out, real quick, don't know if everybody know (Part 5552).....

 Check This Out!

On this day, 45 years ago in 1981, MTV premiered.  

I assume we all know the first video ever shown was "Video Killed The Radio Star" by The Buggles.  But how many of us know the next 24 videos?    I didn't. 


Of these 25 songs, I only know: 

1. Video Killed the Radio Star
5 We Don't Talk Anymore - Cliff Richard
6. Brass In Pockets - Pretenders
7. Take It On The Run - REO Speedwagon
14. Hold On Loosely - .38 Special
17. Keep On Loving You - REO Speedwagon
22. In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins
25. Stop Draggin My Heart Around - Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty

Others, I've heard of the artists, but not the songs (Pat Benetar, Rod Stewart, Todd Rundgren, Styx, Iron Maiden, The Cars, Robert Plant).   And yet others I've never of the song OR the artist!

And less than 45 years later, MTV and all it brought to our culture, is dead. 

POLT

No comments: