Wednesday, August 26, 2026

 This week can just go fuck itself. 

We all know by now of the tragic death of one of the greatest humanitarians, hell, one of the greatest HUMANS to walk this earth: Dolly Parton.  And then today, there was word Tim Curry, he of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Legend, Clue, Hunt For Red October, the Roseanne TV show, IT, among many others, died today also.   Both, coincidentally, at the age of 80.

But also, I saw that Michael Wright passed away.   He was the cute black guy on the TV mini-series "V" and the less than stellar resulting tv show of the same name, in the early 80s.  That's where I first got to know him.  He was 70 

Then I saw Shelley Fabares died.  She had a part on the 60's TV sitcom "The Donna Reed Show", but I knew her from "One Day At A Time" and later, from "Coach".  She was 82.

And THEN, I see today Jaye P. Morgan died too!  Apparently she was a singer in the 50s and 60s but honestly I just knew as the almost constant judge on "The Gong Show" of the late 70s.  She was 94. 

Now none of these reach the statue or fame of Dolly, but still, they're all people that I enjoyed watching in the past, who I recognize and remember.  And they all died within a week!

And we're only on Wednesday!

This reminds me of 2016, when we lost Bowie, Prince, Tom Petty, Carry Fisher, and Debbie Reynolds, among others. But this worst, cause that was over the course of a year, THIS has been over the course of a week!

That all just fucking sucks!

POLT

PS,
They say these things come in threes...and now on Tuesday and Wednesday we had two deaths of two 80 year old.  Know who else happens to 80 years old?  I'll give you a hint: he fat, profane, vile, evil, narcissistic, dementia-ridden and orange.  

If only we could get that to manifest somehow..... 

No comments: