Monday, November 18, 2013

Givin' myself to you is like givin' myself to a chainsaw....

So I got all the daily posts done and ready to go for the week.  That gives me all week to get Windows reinstalled, if I think I need to do that. *SIGH*   So at least that's done.

This morning, I had a booty call all lined up so I got up earlier than I usually would on a Monday. I showered, got ready and headed out the door.  And immediately stopped, cause i saw this:


I had heard the really bad rainstorm last night while I was in bed.  It didn't wake me fully up, but woke me up enough hear the wind and the rain pounding on my bedroom windows at the front of the house.  I heard nothing from the back of the house, that's where this happened.

The whole top of my tree, blew off and landed in the alley, blocking it entirely.  i stood and looked at it momentarily, and couldn't think of anything to do.  And i thought, "Oh well this is just PERFECT!" and goome;t a lil pissed and a lot stressed.  And then I thought, "Screw it, I handle this when I get home, Im going to get some bedtimesexxyfun!"  And off I went.

The encounter was pretty damn amazing, and took my mind off of ALL the problems that had been bothering me.  But of course, after only like a half hour, we were done and I was on my way home.

When I got home, I looked at it again and after standing there and being stumped about what to do, I went with my default option when something like this happens: I called Mama Polt.

She said she'd be down.  I started to pick up the smaller limbs that were scattered around the alley and threw them into my yard (which is to the left in this photo, on the other side of the little wall there). Mom arrived with her neighbor, Pete.  Pete said he could get his chainsaw and cut it up for us to move it into my yard.  Mom said she'd call her cousin, they have a wood burner they heat with, and see if her husband wanted to come down and take it.  Pete left to go get the chainsaw.

Mom went back to her house to get a few small handsaws she has and when she returned she had this older guy in the car as well: Pete's father.  He had come with the chainsaw.  So he sawed it onto managable pieced and mom and I dragged it into the yard to clear the alleyway.  Mom also told me her cousin's husband was on his way down to get the wood.

So, mom and Pete's dad left, I used a rake to clear the alley of debris, and then gathered up all the cones someone from the Boro had put down blocking off the alleyway.  I came in the house, took my coat off had a glass of water...and then my mom's cousin's husband, Dick, arrived.

So I put the gloves back on, went back outside and as he sawed it into smaller pieces, I loaded it all into his truck.  And then he left.  From the time I called mom until Dick left with the wood, was just a smidge less than an hour and a half.  Pretty good, all things considered.

But then I was all sweaty, tired and well, pretty much exhausted.  I still had some errands to run: mailing some letters, dropped some coins off at the Credit Union, get gas and get something to eat (as I'd not had any food at ALL yet, and it was like 11:45 already.  So I ran the errands and was naughty cause i just got two burgers and fries from McDonalds.

And now, I'm sitting here, tired, sweaty, stinky, exhausted, worn out, full tummy, with a wonky computer than may or may not continue working through the day...and I'm ready for a nap.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Wow!

And as soon as you said you called Mama Polt, I pictured her with a chainsaw. That woman can do anything.