Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran in the rap game, call me veterano...

I've seen on social media today, lots of people posting pics of and talking about relatives that are veterans.  I'm unable to do that, I dont have any blood relatives that are veterans.

Well, sorta.  My dad's dad was in his late 20's during WWII and while I suppose he could have enlisted, he didn't.  And he was probably too old to be drafted, so nothing there.  Dad was 30 in 1969, so he was in his late 20's/early 30's during Vietnam, which meant he as well could have enlisted, but didn't, and he wasn't drafted.

My mom's dad was drafted for WWII, but in basic, he had a really bad allergic reaction to something and was given a medical discharge.  My mom's one brother was drafted during Vietnam, but during the physical, it was discovered he had a heart murmur and they didn't take him.  Her other brother was too young for most of Vietnam, but I suppose for the end of it he just had a high draft number I guess.

I've got two male cousins, both of them, like me, are not vets.  My one cousin's wife has two sons from her first marriage, both of them are in the Air Force.  And the son my cousin and his wife share together has stated he's going into the Air Force as well when he graduates.

I suppose it's possible someone else in my extended family is a vet but I don't know them.  So I guess vet-wise, I've got a grandfather who was in shortly and two step-cousins who are active members of the military.  So to all of them, I say thanks!

And to all the veterans out there, and members currently serving in the armed forces, I say, thanks!  Thanks for your service.

POLT

No comments: