Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Save money, money, save money, money, left....

Today I got my Comcast bill (cable tv and Internet).  I noticed it a lil bit higher than normal, so checking it out I discovered I had a $9.95 charge for delivery, which was probably for the new remote they sent me back in September.  I was told everything would be free, so I had called Comcast to get that charge taken off.

I spoke with Meg at Comcast.  She said she's get rid of that charge, no problem.  Then she asked if I wanted her to take a look to see if there's any promotions I could get to lower my bill.  I told her she could, just so long as I'd get to keep everything I now get, not taking anything away or adding anything.

So after taking several minutes to look over everything, she said she could get my bill down $30 less than it is now, for 1 yr, and $10 less a month for the second year, before returning to what I pay now in the third year.  And nothing that I have would change.  She tried to talk me into Starz for an additional $10 a month, and I considered it, but then said no, cause I probably wouldn't watch it anyway.

Part of the deal, though, is that I have a landline phone number now.  I told her I didn't want one and wouldn't use it, but to get all the bargains, I had to take it.  So now I have a number, but no phone attached to it.  Eh, whatever, it's saving me $360 this next year and $120 next year, for a total of almost $500 savings.  Yeah, I'll take a worthless phone number for that.


And now, I love Meg.  She and I were quite overjoyed, they I get to save the money and that she helped me do it. I still love Meg...almost as much as I love saving almost $500!

POLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So in essence you get two years of breaks and then back to the extortionist rates. Nice of them.

I strongly recommend you go get Susan Crawford's book "Captive Audience". She rips Comcast to utter pieces in that book.

Michelle M. said...

I'm glad you got things settled. Harry has been at war with our provided forever. They keep overcharging and accidentally disconnected our phone service. What a nightmare.

And now we get to battle with our insurance providers. Yay.

(I shouldn't really complain, we weren't hit by a typhoon and at least we have cable and insurance - but still.)