Monday, November 04, 2013

Problems, problems with your man today, situation's hard to handle....

Okay, the computer's still acting a bit wonky. I'm sure I'm gonna have to reinstall Windows at some point.  But to make sure I didn't loose anything, and thanks to a suggestion by A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking, I got a subscription to Carbonite.  My thinking was to back everything up there, reinstall Windoes, and then put everything back onto my laptop.

So that's what I started doing.  of course, now that it's been backing up for over a day, I've only got 7% backed up.  Yes, you read that right...Seven percent.  I thought it might be all those useless photos I download for use on the Palace, but those are mostly done already.  I think the problem is the music.  I've got over 7,000 songs on here....and yeah, they're taking quite a bit of time to backup.  Which I guess is to be expected.

But at this rate, it's gonna take me like 15-16 DAYS to get everything backed up.  Which means it'll take at least that long to do the whole reinstall Windows thing. *SIGH*  Assuming of course Windows doesnt go totally wonky and make my laptop go tits up.  If THAT happens, well then....I'll deal with this when it happens.  If everything goes okay,you'll see regular posts here.

If the Palace goes all dark, and I dont show up on Facebook or anything.....well if THAT happens, it probably means I'm in a coma or something.  Cause if my laptop dies but I'm okay, I can still put a notice up here through my phone, or work computer or with mom's computers.  Whichever.

So hopefully you guys will notice nothing going on. If you do...well I'm sorry. But if you do, just know that I'm in a much worse place than you are at that moment.

POLT

No comments: