Sunday, January 25, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 25)...

Chapter 1, Page 25....

I got up a bit earlier than usual for a Sunday and putzed around here, on the computer, read a bit, paid the upcoming months bills and prepared them for mailing, that sorta stuff.  Then at 10:45, I made breakfast: eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, milk.  Yummy.

I read the Sunday paper and then called mom, to know when to go to her house.  On the way, I went to the Post Office and then to the Dollar Store to get a few things.  I went to her place soon after noon.  Since she'll be moving out of the house, probably sometime this year, she wanted to get the back part of the attic cleaned.  Which meant going through all the stuff back there and, like the boardgames last week, deciding which stuff she wanted to keep, which to sell, and which to throw away.

It was pretty dusty back there, and I didn't have a mask, so I wrapped a hanky around my face.  Dust like that is real bad for my allergies.


And then up we went.  There were tons of baby clothes, a bunch of my baby toys (and she was oohing, and awwwing over almost every piece).  In the end, she put a whole bunch of stuff aside that I didn't think would sell at auction at all, but it's her stuff, and her auction, so whatever.  AND, we carried four very large and three large garbage bags full of junk down two flights of stairs to throw away.  As well as two drawers...what they were from, I have no idea.

I came home, stopping to get a cup of Rutters coffee on the way, and again, did very little around here. I read, putzed around on the computer.  Really nothing.  About 6:00 I made...well it was my lunch and supper, I don't know what you call that.  Put it was pasta.  And I couldn't eat it all, so I'll probably have the rest of it tomorrow for lunch.

After this, more reading and relaxing until "Downton Abby" came on, which I watched.  And now that that's over, it's off to bed.

The snow from the 'blizzard' hasn't started yet, but we're supposed to get like 6-8 inches, I think tomorrow.  All day.  Not as bad a NYC and Boston are supposed to get (they're calling the storm 'historic', two feet of snow in NYC, over 30 inches in Boston!), but still, I plan on spending all day inside tomorrow. It'll be a laundry/reading/possibly streaming Netflix kinda day.

POLT

No comments: