Friday, January 23, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 22)....

Chapter 1, Page 22...

This morning, first thing, I had to get blood taken.  So off I went, the roads weren't too bad from the previous day's weather, but they weren't great either.  At least in Pennsylvania.  As usual, once I hit Maryland, things improved.

Anyway, got the blood taken without issue, even though it was new nurse getting it, well new to me.  And I felt her moving it a bit once she had it in there, but it only cause a grimace, no real pain.  Usually afterwards, since it has to be fasting, I stop at Denny's and have a breakfast of all the stuff I shouldn't have: pancakes, syrup, orange juice, toast, hash browns, etc.  But today, I just went on to work and had my usual oatmeal and black coffee.

As it was my first day back there since Saturday, it was catch up day at work.  Got most of the stuff done I wanted to, and it was a pretty laid back day.  In an email I saw the boss stuck up for my department over an issue, which honestly wasn't out fault.  And when I saw him later in the day I thanked for that, especially since the previous boss, who thank GOD retired in August of 2013, would have thrown the entire department under the bus, whether it was our fault or not.  It's so great to know your superior has your back.

After work, while at the grocery store, Derick called, he wanted me to stop by, but since I had already bought frozen stuff and had it in my car, I had to decline. It's not often I turn down a hot lil black guy with a bubble butt and.....ample equipment.  But today I did.  But we rescheduled for tomorrow.

During the day, mom came by the house and dropped off some of her homemade chicken corn soup and homemade bread. (every time we get snow, she does some cooking, usually homemade bread and like soup or chili or something like that)  And so that was what I ate for supper, and it was delicious.

After that, I just watched more documentary stuff on Netflix and then went to bed a bit early and read before going to sleep.  I was tired after getting up kinda earlier than normal.

POLT

No comments: