Sunday, January 04, 2015

So last night, ALCMDPP picked correctly, so that means he owes me only $26 now.

Dallas plays later today (and I'll not make a big deal about the fact ALCMDPP is 'weak like squirrel' and will be sitting home sick instead of sitting here watching OUR team's first playoff game since we started watching football together), and I would like them to win, BUT....I really dont think Dallas can go all the way and win the Super Bowl this year, so I expect them to lose at some point.  I just really dont want it to be the first game.

But even when Dallas loses, and I'll be sad, I'll still be okay, cause all the teams I NEVER want to win another Super Bowl are now gone.  The Deadskins never even go close to the playoffs.  The 49ers imploded gloriously and didn't make the playoffs either.  And then last night, The Steelers lost.  At home.   To a hated divisional rival.  And 'Big Ben' (blech!) threw multiple interceptions helping them lose!  I loved it.

So today, for the first time in quite some time, I'll actually be rooting for MY team to win in the playoffs and not rooting AGAINST a team I dont want to win.

POLT

No comments: