Monday, January 19, 2015

Someone book me a room (Chapter 1, Page 18)...

Chapter 1, Page 18

Got a bit earlier than normal for a Sunday: 830.  Showered first thing, which again, is a bit unusual for a Sunday.  Threw a load of clothes in the washer and then walked to Rutters for breakfast: egg/sausage sandwish, coffee, 2% milk.  Brought it home to eat while reading the Sunday paper.

Spent the rest of the morning/early afternoon on the couch reading my book.  It's not a difficult book, and I AM into it, but damn, it's taken me nearly three weeks so far to read just like 350 pages.  Got about 500 total to get through, so hopefully before too much longer I can be done.

Anyway, at 3:00 I started watching the Packers-Seahawks game.  I wanted a Seahawks victory cause 1) Green Bay had knocked Dallas out of the playoffs, 2) I was for Seattle last year, and with Dallas gone, I was for them again this year, and 3) Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman are much hotter than Aaron Rogers and Clay Matthews.

I was NOT happy throughout most of the game, as Seattle just could NOT get their offense working.  And, with only 6 minutes to go, down 19-7, Wilson threw an interception.  I was pissed off, and changed the channel to watch the pre-game show for the next game.  After a lil bit, I checked the NFL app on my phone and saw, with less than two minutes to go, Seattle had the ball AND the score was 19-14!  Quickly I switched back and watched Seattle's comeback and win in overtime...and what an amazing game it was!

The second game, Colts-Patriots was, by comparison, anti-climatic.  I didn't really watch most of it, but like there as any doubt the Patriots were going to win and win big.  After the game was over (and while taking a break from watching it to watch Downton Abbey), I putzed around on the computer and then went to bed, roughly 11-ish.

I only left the house once all day, spent the rest of it mostly on the couch, and I'm quite fine with that.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Yay Seattle! (I guess - it's Harry's favorite team). Didn't watch the game, but I did watch Downton Abbey. "Sympathy butters no parsnips." Love Mrs. Patmore!