Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Yesterday, I called in a took today off work.  I slept in but when I got up, it was already snowing.  So after I putzed around online and threw a load of clothes in the washer, I went out and shoveled.  I shoveled my sidewalk and sidewalk of the family in the other side of the house.  And then the sidewalk of the guy on the other side of them.  That guy, when it snows a lot, he uses his snow blower all the way to the alley, which includes my sidewalk.  So I shoveled his.

After this, I went out back and shoveled out my car, which didn't take very long, cause it was only like 3 inches or so.  On the way back into my house, walking down the alley, my right foot slipped and slid in front of me and I went down onto my right knee, scraping that a bit and overly stretching my left thigh.  Yeah, that's gonna be pretty damn sore in the morning.  And my lower back is already sore.  It sucks to be old.

I came back in the house, and made myself some whole wheat pasta for lunch.  A big old batch of it.  But I figured, I hadn't had anything to eat yet at all, I had been out doing something, and I had all the rest of the day to work it off.  And DAMN was it good. I LOVE pasta so much....

So after eating it, I read my book for a bit, and then noticed that it had stopped snowing, and in fact, the sun was shining.  So I figured I'd go out and shovel off the sidewalk again, and let the sun melt whatever was left.

But as I was going out the backdoor, I saw the neighbor's car sitting in my back yard, at an angle, and she and another neighbor were trying to shovel snow off the alley around.  So, instead of going out front, I went out back and helped them.  The alley was SO slippery, all three of us slipped and slid a bit more than one, but luckily, none of us went down.  And we persuaded her to just drive down the alley and park somewhere else instead of trying to maneuver it into her parking space.  And that's what she did.  And after this, I went out front of shoveled again.

I came back in and putzed around online again.  And then I decided to get on Netflix and watch my first streaming movie (thanks once more ALCMDPP), and I started watching "Geography Club".  It's about a gay teen coming out and a gay support group at school at stuff.  A coming of age thing.  I LOVED the book when I read it years ago.  And just heard it was made into a movie.  I'm watching it even how.

It's not as good as the book so far.  At least it's not as good as I remembered the book being.  And I'm not sure if it's the high def streaming or what, but DAMN, I cam see the make up and lipstick on the actors....even the guys.  Crazy.

And then later tonight, I'm going to watch the first episode of Agent Carter!  A bit excited about that.  But anyway, that was my day.

POLT

No comments: