Saturday, January 24, 2015

Someone books me a room (Part 23 & 24)...

Chapter 1, Pages 23....

Friday, at work, it was....well work.  I got stuff done, processed paperwork, interview a client, the usual.  Nothing at all exciting.  After work I was to go to Derick's, but when I texted him, he said he couldn't.   So instead of driving to his place, I drove to Taco Bell (again), got supper, brought it home and ate it.  Then, I didn't do much of anything else until I went to bed, really.

They were calling for 4-6 inches of snow, with a bit of ice beforehand, starting Friday night, into Satruday, ending about noon.  So Friday at work, I told the supervisor who'd be working Saturday to just assume I wouldn't be in on Saturday. I told him I didn't want to put a leave slip in, in case the weather wasn't as bad as forecast, and then I'd come in.  But then, and even later at home once it started raining, sleeting, snowing, I knew I wouldn't be going to work on Saturday.

Page 24...

About 2:30 in the morning, I got up to use the bathroom and looked out the bathroom window.  And without my glasses, at night, with no light, it looked the entire back yard was covered in snow and it was still coming down.  So when I returned to bed, I knew for sure I wouldnt be going to work.  I reset my alarm from 6:15 (in time to get up for work) to 8:00 (so I could then call-in when the supervisor got there and tell him to put a leave slip in for me).

I woke up on my own about 7:50 and used the bathroom.  And when I looked out the window....there was like two inches of snow, if that, and it had already melted off my car's hood.  I went to a window at the front of the house and looked out...and the roads were just wet, although there was a bit of snow on the sidewalks and yards.  *SIGH*

So i called in to work, and told them I'd be late.  Then I showered quickly, didn't shave, threw on a tshirt, and headed out.  I shoveled off the sidewalk, and then the car (neither of which took much time) and then went to Rutters cause I NEEDED a cup of their coffee, with French Vanilla.

Work was light, with only four clients all day. I spent time talking to some clients already there and getting caught up with more paperwork.  We ordered Chinese and had it delivered, although I wasn't really impressed with it. I got General Tso's Chicken, which i LOVE from the local Chinese place here in town.  But this stuff today was clearly....well not as good.

My cousin Tracy, who had lil Morgan back in early October, was home for the weekend, and was visiting mom when I got off work.  So I just went right over there, and hung out a bit.  And got to hold him and talk to him.  He's simply adorable.  See?


After they left, mom and I talked a bit and I came home.  I was flipping through the channels and stumble upon the beginning of the movie "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" on regular cable (not Netflix).  I had never seen it, nor read the book, although I've heard many good things about it.  And I did quite enjoy it.

And now, I'm just waiting to go to bed here soon to read.  I hope to get this book finished soon.  I've been reading it since the first of the month!

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

What is up with all the cute kidlets everywhere? One right after another...