Monday, June 27, 2011

Light a candle in the window of your soul...

Today, after getting up for some unknown reason at the unGodly time of 7:20AM, I had a doctor's appointment wherein I was told my diabetes is still....well, there.  And it's not good.  Which I knew, since I've not really been trying very hard to make it better.  I DID however manage to lose 4 pounds since March, so there is that.

After this, I came home and just hung out here waiting.  The middle of May I had made a contract with this company to have three replacement windows put in, two in the kitchen and the one in the bathroom.  The really hot, cute guy who runs the local branch and had come to give me the estimate said they'd get to it the end of June.  And last week, he called me to say he'd be here between 12-2.  SO I waited.

About 2:05, these two guys were walking across my front porch.  Neither of them, unfortunately, was the hot cute guy who i signed the contract with.  They both spoke Russian, in addition to thankfully English, and looked like the were Russian professional wreslters.  Yeah, kinda like that.

They set to work, and did actually a good job.  They weren't there more than a half hour before the cute hot guy I made the contract with arrived, to just check things out.  It was pleasant to see him.  Too bad he didn't stay longer.

The guys were here until 7:45, 5 and a half hours!  And I was freaking starved when they left.  But the work was done, and done well.  And now it's over.  And of course, I took before and after photos.

BEFORE

AFTER

I had thought about having the lower part of the window bricked in instead of the vinyl stuff, but it would have been too expensive.  So whatever.  At least it's done now.

POLT
POLT

No comments: