Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yesterday, I was eating a piece of salt water taffy at work and it ripped a crown right off my one tooth. Oh joy.  At least there wasn't and still isn't any pain.  Made an appointment with the dentist for Tuesday.  I'm kinda hoping he can just reattach the crown, since I saved it.  Be a helluva lot cheaper if he can do that.

At any rate, that was the low point of my day.  The high point followed soon after.  I met Sean at the theater.  We watched X-Men First Class, which yes I had just seen recently, but it was good enough to see again.  Especially when seeing with Sean.

There were only two other people in the theater, and they sat a few rows in front of us.  Which meant we could hold hands and I could put my arm around his and we could lean on each other with impunity.  I also got a quick kiss on the lips when we first got in there.

I'm not a fan of public displays of affection, whether they're straight, gay or lesbian.  Never been a fan.  And I wouldn't have wanted to do what we did if there were people there that could have seen us.  Cause it was a PDA.  But since the only ones were in front of us, well, it was a nice change of pace.  I might be able to get used to something like that.

After the movie (which we both enjoyed) we went to TGIFridays, cause he had a coupon.  He's very coupony.  We had a great meal and very pleasant conversation.  And I discovered that I was dating the current Miss Hippo.  Which to those of you knot in the know is a gay bar in Baltimore where Sean competed in drag and won.   He went to Miss Gay Maryland htis past year, but didn't win.  Nonetheless, he's kinda royalty, so how special do I feel?  Does that make me his consort?  or concubine?

POLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird. I have a crown on one of my rear molars. I have bitten down on pretty much everything with it and I cannot break it or detach it.

My dentist is a thorough type, knows where her competencies are, and knows to farm out other stuff to pros. So I have the idea she made sure this isn't going to go anywhere for a LONG time.

Michelle M. said...

Oh no! Another trip to the dentist. What a pain in the a*s.

Miss Hippo? How exciting. Maybe that makes you Mr. Hippo? Or the prince consort?

Coupons are great! Good for him.