Monday, June 06, 2011

Seeing as I've finished the Second Season of Battlestar Galactica, I think I'm going to list my Top5 Least Favorite Things about it.  So there are definitely SPOILERS ahead!!!

5. Starbuck.  Don't like her much.  She can apparently DO anything, from interrogations, to teaching new pilots, to infiltrating a hostage situation, to provide security at a high level meeting...despite being in a cast and with a cane.  She's too much like Wesley Crusher: able to do ANYTHING, and do it better than anyone else.  I mean, really, why do we even need the rest of the crew, just let Starbuck get us home.  To be fair, she's not ALWAYS irritating, but she is enough for me to mention it here.

4. The unshown models of Cylons. I totally understand why they have to do it this way, but come ON...you've got main characters on Caprica, with tons of Cylons walking in the background and standing behind them, and such, and ALL we see are models that have already been revealed as Cylons!  I know they don't want to give anything away about the remaining models, but that just totally stretched credibility too far for me.  Oh the other hand, I don't want the surprise ruined.  I know 7 of the models, I don't want the remaining 5 to be revealed just as background.  But still, it's just kind of a glaring omission, ya know?  And really, the NEED to show much MUCH more of the black, bald sexyhott cylon model, Simon.  Yumm.

3. Baltar & Six (the one in his head).  Their conversations about God and...well, frankly everything else, have grown quite tedious, boring and repetitive.  I'm SO over both of them.  And him in particular.

2. "Black Market".   Nuff said, eh?

1. The killing of Billy.  What a poinless, unnecessary waste.  Just so Lee could end up marrying Dualla.  Hated the whole thing.  Much like I hated Ianto's killing in Torchwood.

Now I know, since I'm only halfway through, some of these things could be resolved more to my satisfaction by the time it ends.  But as it stands now, these are what I don't think about the show.  In general, everything else about the show....LOVE IT!  So if all I've got, after two episodes, it 5 complaints, I guess they're doing pretty damn well, eh?

And do NOT leave any spoilers in the comment section either!!!!

POLT

3 comments:

Ryan said...

5. YES.

4. They'll deal with it soon enough.

3. Yeah.

2. Ron Moore has acknowledged that one.

1. Billy was killed because the actor wanted to leave to pursue bigger roles. It may have been a mistake.

FDot said...

4. Not a glaring omission. That is more than dealt with.

Polt said...

Yeah, they already DID mentioned that the Cylons "dont talk about the other 5 models" or something. Okay, that explains that part.

But the others...nope, dont like 'em.

HUGS...