Sunday, June 12, 2011

Made a parade of myself in the street outside...

So yesterday was DC Gay Pride. I went down with my co-worker, Strat, who had gone with me two years ago, and with Strat's cousin, CC.  It was CC's first time.  Also, CC's 19 year old son just came out to her recently as gay.  And CC was all about it.  She didn't seem hestiant about the Pride Parade, about Gay Pride at all, or really anything gay in general.  She was totally there supporting her son, who couldn't go with us cause he had to work.  But NEXT year, he's going along, or so she and he both say.  She was so cute.  I love talking straight people to thier first Pride (and it seems I always take straight people, I rarely ever go with gay people.  Go figure!).  And she loved it and had a great time, even tearing up when PFLAG went by.  But then, really, who doesn't feel like crying when PFLAG goes by?  We all LOVE PFLAG!  And of course Strat had a good time too, but then I knew she would, cause she had a fun time the first time she went.  I mean, if she hadn't, she wouldn't have wanted to go back, now would she?  But then, teh gays, we know how to throw a party.

Also meeting us there was the always fabulous and glittering VUBOQ!  He is so funny, cracking me up with damn near everything he said.  In fact, my favorite quote from the day comes from him: Me: "I didn't think there was anyone in DC you haven't slept with." VUBOQ: "No, I am not you." *ZING*  LOVE it!

So, this year, for whatever reason, I only took lik 98 photos, which is considerably less than the 150 or more I ususally take.  And I decided not to post every freakin photo like in years past, only the good ones.  And without further ado, here are the photos:


This is CC with the rainbow flag she bought for her son, before the parade started.

Couple of cute spectators.

Gay cops.

Dykes on Bikes...not really of interest to me, but hey, they're on a PURPLE motorcycle!
Cutie with blur hair.

Eleanor Holmes Norton, DC non-voting member of the House Of Representatives.  Love her.  She's been in every Pride Parade I've been to.  And she's walked in every single one.  And at her age too, 73 years young!

Group of cute spectators.

This kid locked eyes with me and looked at me the whole time they walked passed.  but I was clapping and smiling and waving at him.  He didn't wave back.  Mommy probably told him not to wave to strangers.  And they don't get much stranger than me. 

Cute black guy leading DC's Different Drummers.

Cute guy getting ready to hand out...something.

This little guy was already asleep by the time he readched us.

The band Eleventhirteen. I don't think they're gay, but they are a local band.  They seemed to be playing punk-esque alternative music.  Like Green Day or Blink 183.  Not bad music.  Most of the band members were kinda cute too.

One of the strippers from Zeigfelds/Secrets. 

Another stipper. (Asian stripper..yummmy....)

All I could get of another extremely hot stripper.  And this, my friends, wasn't even his best side!

Various strippers on the float.

Two cute guys.

Adorable baby and his two hot daddies.

Nellies' Sport's Bar float.  Not a strip club, I don't think, but I did appreaciate the nearly nude dudes.

See, like these on the float.

And this one walking behind...with a nice behind.  The guy in the red briefs on the float was standing under a shower of some sort.  nice.

Not sure who this guy was, but he was king of something.  And his hot black assistant.

Yeah, I'd love some condoms with this guy, absolutely.

Purple balloon arch float!  With hot guys in shorts and rollerskates!!

More of the hot guys in rollerskates.

Purple tent under purple balloon arch. With hot shirtless black DJ thrown in to boot!

A passle of drag queens.

PUPPIES!

Hot shirtless guys.

God loves us just the way we are.

No caption needed here, right?

Hot guys carrying flags.

CC, me, and Strat.  We scored good on the beads despite not having a hot young shirtless guy or an infant with us.

VUBOQ and me.  Practically twins, aren't we?

Hot guys in speedos.

Hot guy.

Purple and pink balloon arch.

Dancing Cowboys!

Dancing Cowboys.

This is a hot shirtless spectator, his friends, and part of CC's head that I pretended I was taking a photo of so I could get the hot guy.  yeah, I'm sneaky that way.

It takes a REAL man to walk a parade route in those heels.

Officer J. Brady.  He kept moving us "back to the curb".  I'm glad we had a cute, hot cop on our side of the street and not the dour grumpy lady cop on the other side.

I have no idea what is on his head, but that is not a pair of blue bikinis on him, it's just blue paint.  That's all he was wearing...body paint.  And yes, if you can't see, the penis IS pierced with a Prince Albert.  God bless him.

Just a very VERY fine ass.

No idea what gropu these two were with, but when I get a chance to get a photo of two, hot, young, smooth, defined, sweat black guys, I ain't gonna turn it down no matter what group they're with.

After the Parade, a bunch of kids swarmed the fountain in the middle of DuPont Circle.  The goth guy in the fishnet shirt was pretty damn cute, and muscley.  And I'm not certain, but I think he might have painted his nipples black too.  not that that detracted from his hotness or anyting.

POLT

4 comments:

vuboq said...

It was soooooo much fun watching the parade with you and your posse! Next year you need to plan for an over night stay. We can go to da clubz or something :-)

and, OMG, we look SO CUTE in our photo. Totes stealing that for my blog ... once I get around to posting something about this weekend.

*smooches*

Tam said...

Wow, looks like a great day and decent weather. So glad you got to meet up with Vuboq.

I salute those people who walk a whole parade in 4 inch spike heels. I'd be a quivering whimpering mass by block 2.

I never knew a group of drag queens was a passle. I'll remember that. :-)

Michelle M. said...

Drag queens, puppies and roller skates? Plus vuboq! I am green with envy!

tornwordo said...

Looks fun. I'm always jealous when I see you and Vuboq together. When's it my turn!? Maybe next year....