Friday, April 06, 2012

Blogging may be a bit light for a short while, I've got yet ANOTHER virus. :(

Corey come over last night to look at it.  he said this is a bad one.  it's disabled all my anti-virals, AND it's disbaled our ability to sue restore points.  *SIGH*  Corey said he'd have to spend several hours working on it, and he knows he could get it back to working order, but his fear is that he wouldn't get it all, that part of it could be hidden somewhere, and it would just rise up and attack again in six months, or a year or whatever.  he suggested we just reformat it and start over to be sure.

*SIGH*

So I spent last night saving photos and documents to a flashdrive to reinstall later.  Also, gotta figure out what I'm gonna do with iTunes, it'd be a pain to have to reinstall all my own CDs that I've done so far. 

Whatever.

I can still use it, I just dont have any antivirals running, so I'm going to  use it sparingly, thus, why I say posting may be limited.  And I've got to find the discs that came with it.  They were sitting on my coffee table forever, and I remember telling myself I need to put them someplace safe, where I"ll never forget where they are, and....well, yeah, I totally forgot where I put them.  But once I find them, I'll call Corey and he'll come over and help me get it back up and running.

He did end up spending the night last night on the couch again, so we had a lot of time to talk, which is always cool.  That's about the only good thing to this whole damn virus shit: getting to hang with him. 

Ah well, if you see posts on here, great, if not, you'll see them again sometime soon in the future, sooner rather than later I hope.  And I've still got my iPhone so I'm not totally cut off from the outside world at home.  That's at least one good thing.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Bummer! But at least you're not sick (which is what I thought after I read the first sentence).
Here's a "get well soon" for your computer.