Wednesday, April 04, 2012

I'd fix it I'd fix it, I'd fix it if I could...

Had laptop issues yesterday.  Was connected but I couldn't get access to any websites.  Called my coworker Startcat.  She came over and God bless her soul, she spent 5 hours here trying to fix it.  I ended up having to call Corey, cause he's a computer whiz.  He said to try some things, which we did, none of which helped.  Then StratCat, in her brillance, suggested something, and we tried it, and it worked!

The computer's still a bit wonky.  I can't get the anti-viral to work, it won't let me uninstall it, I downloaded it again, it won't let me resintall it.  *SIGH*  Well Corey's coming over tomorrow anyway, I'll just have him look at it then and see if he can work it out.

But it's pretty awesome having such cool friends that they'd give up their whole evening just to work on my computer.  Thanks again, Stratcat!

POLT

1 comment:

truthspew said...

That's ok. Mercury is in retrograde and today I discovered why YouTube and Netflix wouldn't work on my computer.

It wasn't software. But what threw me was hardware diagnostics showed nothing wrong.

Well I decided to try an experiment. The SO has the same model, only differences he has a DVD burner, less memory, and a different WiFi card, an Intel 2915.

My laptop has the OEM Intel 2200.

So I snapped my hard drive into his laptop. Lo and behold youtube and Netflix work!

So I ordered a 2915 card for my laptop.

What is amazing - these laptops are approaching seven years old.