Thursday, April 26, 2012

Call in three months time and I'll be fine (Part 5)...

THURSDAY THREE

What three things made my week just a smidge more enjoyable?

1). Having a computer that works.


StratCat helped reformat it and get it all back up and running last week, which was awesome.  But when I started mucking around with iTunes earlier in the week, I discovered there were no song there, just folders.  Apparently, I only saved the folders, not the music.  So after much exhaustive experimentation by myself, I got it back up and working and I've got all 205 of the items I've purchased over the years.  I now just have to spend countless hours getting the remaining 3000 songs onto the laptop from the CDs I own.  *SIGH*  And when doing so last night, the laptop got a lil wonky ad decided not to take all the songs, and got hung up and locked up iTunes.  But today, when i did it, everything worked fine!  So for now, this is still a plus! (BTW, does the guy in this photo look to anyone else like the love child of Craiggers and Jimmy Fallon?  Or am I the only one to think that?)


2). Pedometer app.


I downloaded this baby over the weekend, and now when I got for walks, I not only have how long it takes me, but how many miles i've gone, what my average speed was, and the calories burned!  This photo is a generic one I found online, but it's the same app I have.  And last night, in 38 minutes, I walked 2.215 miles, at an average of 3.7 mph, and I burned 179 calories!  Yay me!  And my app!


3) Desiree wafers


I just recently discovered these little slices of heaven on earth.  Their various types of soft, crunchy wafers with chocolate on or in them.  They're a product of Germany.   And they are SO NOT on my diet.  But serving size (4 wafers) contains 20 grams of carbs, which is almost what I'm allowed for a snack.  So I can enjoy three, or four (or eight) at a time and not feel really horribly guilty.  But man if I could, I think I could seriously eat half a bag at one sitting, they are truly THAT delicious!

So that's what made my week, what made yours?

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

1. Went to an amazing high school play last night
2. Finished a couple of things at work that have been lingering
3. ...... Yeah. I got nuthin'.

I salute you for walking. I am going to try and live up to your greatness. Maybe when I get a new phone in a couple of weeks I can get an app too. Although I won't be getting an iphone.

Michelle M. said...

Congrats on the walking.
I hate it when I discover a delicious new snack! I better not try those. I have difficulty limiting myself to just one.
That does look like a Craig/Jimmy love child!