Sunday, April 01, 2012

People try to judge me when they're not in my shoes (Part 11)...

Saw the movie Loggerheads last night.



Great little film.  It's a quiet film, but very powerful.  It starts with three seperate stories, taking place on three successive years all on or around Mother's Day.  As time goes on, its shown how the three stories are tied together, and even though I could see how the movie was going to end well ahead of time, I still may or may not have teared up a bit when the movie was over.  It's not a typical American film (thank God).  There's not gratuitous swearing, no real stereotypes in characterization, no car chases and no explosions.  It's a, as I said, quiet film, making it's point through direction, with the look in face or the turn of a head.  And it stars people like Tess Harper, Michel Learned, Chris Sarandon, Bonnie Hunt, and the always uber-cute Kip Pardue.

If you get a chance to see it, I'd definitely recommend it. 

POLT

No comments: