Friday, September 28, 2012

So, Paul and his insanely cute boyfriend Travis arrived safely, allbeit a smidge later than planned (damn NYC traffic) today.  We sat around and talked for a bit and then after much indecision, I took them up to High Rock to see the view of the valley.  Travis took tons of panoramic pictures from up there.  Very good ones, may I add.  Then we returned to the house and Paul changed his clothes before we headed out again, this time to the local Mall.

We walked the Mall and Travis bought a shirt and pair of shoes.  Since it was then supper time, we decided to eat somewhere: El Ranchero.  When we were seated with our drinks before we ordered, I called Kris.  He had just gotten back from visiting with some friends in the afternoon.  I went to pick him up and brought him to restaurant, where he not only enjoyed a meal with us, but got to meet Paul and Travis.  And after dropping Kris off afterwards we came back home here again.

Now, here's our plans:  tonight we're going to a drag show at the Lodge (I LOVE a good drag show, and with the queens they have advertised as taking part, it should be a DAMN good show).  Then tomorrow morning, we're gonna get up and go to DC.  We just decided once they got here to get a hotel room in DC tomorrow night.  And we found one in a really nice hotel for a really good rate.  And it's right on DuPont Circle.  This will allow us to not only enjoy the museums and monuments tomorrow, but tomorrow night, we'll be able to sample the DC gay nightlife.  Which is what they wanted to do, since they never have, and which I haven't for approximately 10-12 years.  And that should just be an amazingly fun time!  I get a mini-vacation in DC as part of their weekend vacation!

We're planning on coming home Sunday sometime.  That may the evening Travis cooks for us, not sure.  But after he gets off work Sunday night, Kris is coming over.  I told him he could, but since I'm giving Paul and Travis my king sized bed, Kris and I would have to sleep on the living room floor.  And he said, "It wouldn't be the first time I slept on a living room floor, but it will be the first time I've done so with you."  So apparently he'll be here that night.  And then sometime on Monday, Paul and Travis will leave for home.

It'll be a busy week, and it's already seemed like a very busy day just today!  But I'm looking forward to all of it! But if my regular blogging a bit light the remainder of this weekend, now  you'll understand why!

POLT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to pass this little tip on to Paul and Travis: When coming from points north of NYC you're best to leave said points no later than 4:30AM (That's currently 08:30UTC).

When we go down to NC I always leave Providence at 4:00AM or 4:30AM. We miss all the traffic in NYC. And I also find that time of morning, you can speed like a demon!

Amie said...

I have an air mattress you can borrow.

Michelle M. said...

Hope you had a fun slumber party!