Thursday, September 20, 2012

If you're on my list, it' just a matter of time (Part 10)...

10 QUESTIONS

Well, kids, today's 10 Questions is with a newbie, a rookie, a veritable virgin.  He sent me an email saying he's been a long time reader of the Palace, but never commented, and he decided he wanted to play 10 Questions.  And I say, "HUZZAH!"  I say, "Welcome aboard to elite club of Palace Commentators!"  And I say, "Comment more often!"  But enough about what I say, let's hear what he has to say.  I give you all...

Alex M!


Hi there, I'm Alex!  I'm just a shy, unassuming librarian from Louisiana who has been lurking in the shadows of the Palace for about two years now.  I'm pretty down to earth and dorky.  I love to read books (no surprise!) as well as comics, love cartoons of all sorts, and I'm also big into games and road trips (though I haven't traveled as much as I would like).  I'm hoping participating in this will help me be less of a lurker and more active around these parts!


1. If you could live the life of anyone now dead, without changing anything, who would it be?
Nikola Tesla.  Though having a tragic end and being unappreciated in his time, I'd love to experience and know all the things he was able to achieve.
2. What is the farthest in each direction , North, South, East and West, you have traveled from your current home?
North: Hartford, CT (extended family); South: Honduras (where my family is originally from); East: Jackson MS (some field trip); West: Houston (usual hurricane escape destination).
3. What's the most exotic food you've ever eaten?
I guess it's have to be eel or squid.  That doesn't seem too exotic to me though.
4. Have you/would you ever wear a Speedo in public?
Nah.  Though that may change soon, if one of my friends has his way.
5. Do you have a fat ass, in either a good or bad way?
Hah, I've heard that I do.  I'm hoping in the good way!
6. What would you title your autobiography?
Moo.
7. How many brushes with the law have your had and what were they?
I've had on ticket for getting in an accident, and I've had to go to court to dispute another ticket mailed to me despite it being addressed to someone else.
8. When playing Monopoly, which token do you typically use?
I haven't played Monopoly since I was a kid, but I think I was always fond of the dog.
9. How many times have you been under anesthesia?
Twice.  Once for my tonsillectomy and the second time for emergency stitches after the surgery when I woke up with a mouth full of blood.  Ah, memories!
10. Which of the Seven Deadly Sins are you most frequently guilty of?
Pretty difficult, but I think I'd have to stick with Envy.  It prolly would motivate any other sins I may tap into.


And now we should all say hi to Alex and welcome him and invite him to comment frequently!

POLT

6 comments:

Tam said...

Yay for new posters!!! Welcome Alex. Super answers. Very cool your family is from Honduras.

I hope there will be a Palace submission of a Speedo pic. :-)

Alex said...

Hah, Thanks for the warm welcome, Tam. :)

Hmmm I don't think the Internet is ready for such a submission, lol.

Alex

Polt said...

I totally second tam's suggestion! And may I point out, even if the internet is not ready for that, I'm pretty sure the Palace can handle it! :)

HUGS....

john said...

YAY! We love new posters. Tesla eh? Great answer.

Alex said...

@Polt I'll be sure to run those pictures by you first then :P

Thanks john for the warm welcome as well!

Polt said...

You do that Alex! I promise to give you an honest appraisal! :)

HUGS....