Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome back, your dreams were your tickets out....

Okay, so I'm cautiously optimistic that everything is back to normal.  As you can see, I'm back to posting.

It's time like there, when you lose a computer, that you find out who your true friends are.

Thanks for truthspew, for all his help and patience over the phone on Saturday and all the email help on Friday.

Thanks to Michelle, who just happened to call on Thursday just when the Blue Screen Of Death first hit.  She realized how I was feeling and invited me out to eat with her and her friend Friday, thus allowing me to not only keep my mind off of things for a night, but to have an absolutely awesome time as well (which I may post about here in the next couple days).

And most of all, thanks, once again, to StratCat!  Without her, I wouldn't be back yet.  Thanks for her for spending 5 hours here tonight, getting everything back up and running, which included, reinstalling Windows, helping me download the antivirals I needed, helping me get my stuff off the back up, helping me clear some room out for all my music, and then figuring out the issue with the computer being unable to find the BOOTMGR......and of course, helping me keep sane, patient, and putting with my panic during the whole ordeal.  I dont think my bribe of a meal at Montezuma's, some Asti, and three episodes of Season 2 of The Walking Dead was enough for all she did and put up with, but I can't give her much more than my sincere and deepest thinks.

Now, hopefully tomorrow night, I'll be posting some more (assuming there's not more problems when I try to get on the computer tomorrow [though there shouldn't be {although there easily could be}]).  If not, well, then you know something else bad happened.

But for now, for right not, it's nice to be back.

POLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man - bootmgr! When that gets corrupted you can repair it. But it's a pain in the neck. Been in windows since XP.

Glad you're back online.

Michelle M. said...

"Sincere and deepest thinks" Tee hee.
Glad to hear you're computer is back on track and that you have such helpful friends : ).