Monday, September 24, 2012

So what did I do today?  Good question.

Paul and Travis are coming back for a visit this weekend.  I wanted to get the house presentable.  And, since it's the fall, it's time for the annual fall cleaning.  SO, yesterday I arranged it all with mom.  (What, you expect me to clean a whole house all by myself?  Especially when I'm so lazy busy?)

So this morning, I rolled out of bed about 8AM (way to early on my day off, may I add), and called her.  She got my uncle's truck and then came over.  We took apart a loveseat here and took to the ParisPeking residence, they are adopting it.  Got it into the house, chatting briefly with Mrs. A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking, and Jackie, the littlest ParisPeking.

Then we returned the truck and came back here to start cleaning.  We began in the kitchen, tidying it up including washing the floor.  Then went to the bedroom where we took the air conditioner out and cleaned that up, including flipping the king-sized mattress (which is difficult to do alone).  And then we cleaned the hallway.

We went back downstairs, moved everything out of the living room, cleaned it, and then put everything back in, in different positions.  I like to rotate my furniture.  The living room looks SO much bigger than before, even though it's all the same stuff.  We went to her house to get lunch (at 1230) and then went to Lowe's to get some stuff I needed.

Coming back, we finished up with the dining room, including taking the air conditioner out.  Everything look pretty clean and tidy.  And in the midst of all this, I did four loads of laundry, and put new sheets on the bed. After all this, I laid on the bed for about two hours, reading, putzing on my iPhone, even lightly napping.  And after ALL this, I showered (finally) and actually had to go to the grocery store to get a few things.

I am totally EXHAUSTED.  I don't know how mom does it when she's almost 70 years old!

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Mama Polt deserves an award.