Sunday, November 04, 2012

Regrets are my bedfellows I'm feeling so alone...

I find myself in a very unusual position for me today.  I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan for 35 years (yeah....longer than some of the players on that team have been alive...*SIGH*....), and as such, it's kind of a law that I have to hate, detest and always root against the Washington Redskins.  Thus, creates my dilemma.

You see there's something called The Redskins Rule.  This states that in ever since the Redskins moved to Washington from Boston in 1937, whenever the Redskins won their last home game before a Presidential election, the party in the White House won the election.  In Presidential election years when the Redskins lost thier last home game before the election, the party NOT in the White House won the election.  There have been 18 elections since then, and this rule held true through 17 of them (2004 being the only one that didn't conform to The Rule)

So under this "Rule", if the Redskins win, then Obama wins the White House; if they lose, then Romney does. So that means I have to root FOR the Redskins to win today.  Yeah, this will hurt, be quite painful, but I just tell myself how much WORSE it's gonna hurt, how much MORE painful four years of Romney will be as opposed to one week of rooting FOR the Redskins.

I don't for a second believe these two things influence one another, I believe it's just a crazy coincidence.  But nonetheless, today I gotta say.....Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victory, Braves on the Warpath, FIGHT for old DC!  (God, I hate that song)....

Politics do indeed make strange bedfelllows.

Update: Damn idiot Redskins can't even when *I* want them to.  *SIGH*

POLT

No comments: