Thursday, April 04, 2013

I make you stop and think, you'll think you're looking at Aquaman...

Let me tell you a story.  Picture it, South Central PA, 1973.

A six year old Polt is in kindergarten.  At the same time, on Saturday morning TV, there was the awesome Super Friends TV show.  Everyone in my class watched it.  And we loved it.  So much so that during our recesses, we always played "Super Friends"

Since Mike Ogle was the biggest of us, he was Superman.  Diane Mann, as the only girl that played with us, was Wonder Woman.  Randy Hammond, because he was the fastest, was the Flash.  I'm certain someone I don't recall, was Batman and someone else Robin.  And since I had blonde hair, I was....Aquaman!
And for some reason, I usually played the super bad guy that we all were fighting....but I digress....

Because of this, I've always had an affinity for the King Of The Seven Seas, Aquaman!  But he was, whenever he was mentioned at ALL, mocked and belittled.  (see the first 10 seconds of the following video:


And Wonder Woman's eyebrows...really!)

But really, Aquaman wasn't, or at least, shouldnt have seemed a pushover!  And you want to know why?  I just found this online recently!


So THERE, losers!  YEAH!  Ooooh, Batman has a belt full of toys, a funny looking car and lives in a big hole in the group...big freaking DEAL!

Suck on that, you winged rodent you!

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I always liked Aquaman. With today's CGI, I bet they could make a pretty entertaining movie about him...