Monday, April 29, 2013

This'll be like a mini-Bits-N-Pieces, I guess.  One other thing I did today that I forgot to mention below is that I addresses all my May cards and got them ready to mail.  And May is THE worst month for sending cards.  (I'm not counting the Christmas cards I send, cause they're a special case).  With birthdays, anniversaries and Mother's Day, for May this year, I bought 41 cards.  Yes, you read that right, Forty One!  My cousin is pregnant and due in June, and I told her she is NOT allowed to give birth prematurely in May because I am NOT buying another card for that month!  Nope, not doing it.

The kind of ironic thing about this is, come my birthday, I wont get 41 cards myself.  I'm not complaining or whining, I mean, it just me.  But with the ParisPekings, for example, I have 5 birthday cards and one anniversary card to get every year.  And they only have one to send to me (and they DO send one, every year).  Again, I'm not complaining, just pointing out the way things are.  And with my aunt & uncle, I have two birthdays and an anniversary, for a cousin I have four birthdays and an anniversary, and so on and so on.  And several people who I sent cards to for birthday's, I've never gotten a birthday card from.  But again, I am NOT complaining.  I dont send the cards in anticipation of getting one in return, I send the cards because I am a card sending fool and enjoying doing so.  Just saying, I'll send out more cards in one month than I'll receive all year (again, excluding Christmas cards).  But I enjoy it and am happy to do it.

I just dont need ANY other May celebrations.

-AND-

I have a Mama Polt story for you.  Friday, when I was at her house, she showed me this pot of spring flowers (tulips maybes, what do I know?) and said she got them for my garden out front.  She said we'd plant them along the wall at the back and they wouldnt get in the way of the other plants, and they'd come up each spring.  So I thought, cool good idea.  And there were some flower there with yellow and orange and red and PURPLE leaves, so it was all good.

So Saturday at work, she calls me, and she's laughing, so I knew it would be a story.  She said she went down to my house, got the pot of flowers and some tools out of the trunk of her car and planted them (and they look really good, by the way).  Then she reached into her right coat pocket and...her keys were not there.  She figured she locked them in the trunk.

So she put her tools on my backporch and walked home.  Luckily, this is only a three minute walk for me, so it wasn't that much longer for her.  She used the hidden key outside, got inside, got her spare set of keys, locked the  house up and started back towards my place.

About halfway there, she put her hands in her jacket pockets....and discovered the original car keys in the left pocket.  "I NEVER put my keys in my left pocket, I dont know how they go there!"  she said around laughs.  So then she went on to my house, unlocked the car (maybe twice, since she had two set of keys), loaded it up and drove home.  Laughing all the way.

Mama Polt....may she never run out of stories!

And since it's a mini-Bits-N-Pieces, how about a lil Obligatory Eye Candy?


POLT

No comments: